Essential Routine Maintenance On Your New England Building’s Sprinkler System
Fire sprinklers are an effective way to slow the spread of fire in a building, which can potentially save lives and reduce the amount of damage by a significant margin. But when there is a problem with the fire sprinkler system, at best it offers reduced protection, and in the worst cases, leaks or accidental discharges could lead to catastrophic water damage. That is why proper maintenance of fire sprinkler systems is so critical.
At Fire Protection Team, we can provide the fire sprinkler maintenance your business needs to remain protected and prevent problems in the future. In business since 1992 and with decades of experience, we have the skills to identify and correct any problems we find in your sprinkler system, and we serve commercial facilities, industrial facilities, non-profits, government entities and other facilities throughout New Hampshire, Connecticut and the New England area.
The Benefits of Fire Sprinkler System Maintenance
If your business or organization is fortunate, your fire sprinkler system will never have to be used. But when it is needed, proper maintenance ensures it is ready for the task. Professionally performed, well-documented fire sprinkler maintenance can offer several distinct benefits:
- Improved safety for employees, customers and visitors.
- Automatic protection for your building and the property it contains.
- Compliance with local fire and safety codes.
- Potentially lower insurance premiums.
Fire Sprinkler System Maintenance
According to NFPA standards, fire sprinkler systems should receive full inspection and maintenance services at least once a year. At FPT, our fire sprinkler maintenance services include:
- Checking air and water pressure, as well a gauge operation.
- Performing a pressure and flow test.
- Testing control valves, deluge valves and pre-action valves.
- Testing tamper switches.
- Inspecting pipes, fittings and sprinkler heads for damage.
- Checking for proper pipe support, bracing and slope.
- Testing the fire pump and performing routine service.
- Testing the backflow preventer.
- Make sure proper signage is in place.
- Testing the alarm panel, sensors and alarm devices.
- And much more.
Additionally, every five years pipes should be internally inspected for corrosion or blockages, a hydrostatic test should be performed at the fire department connection and gauges should be replaced. Sprinkler heads should be replaced every 10 years.
Our team at FPT will provide a full report after our maintenance services and we can correct any problems that we find, as requested. With our convenient Customer Portal, you can access your report anytime you need it. It is also a good idea to check water and air pressure yourself weekly while making sure the control valves are in the open position, sealed and leak-free.
Schedule Fire Sprinkler Maintenance in New Hampshire & Connecticut
Don’t risk extensive damage at your commercial property. Make sure it is protected from fires and other incidents with fire sprinkler maintenance from our professionals at Fire Protection Team. We also offer many other fire safety services, including fire alarm services, fire extinguisher services, emergency lighting and more.