Fire Alarm System Inspections & Testing in Connecticut & New Hampshire
Safety is an important concern for any business or organization, and for the best protection against injuries and property damage during a fire, it is important to have your fire sprinkler system tested at least once a year. The National Fire Protection Association recommends a more frequent schedule with four inspections annually.
At Fire Protection Team, we make sure you receive the quality services you need to keep your building safe during an emergency, from fire sprinkler inspections, testing, and maintenance to fire alarm system testing, fire extinguisher services, and more. Since 1992, we have been providing commercial fire protection services throughout New Hampshire and Connecticut, and we service businesses of all types and sizes.
To schedule a fire sprinkler inspection or fire alarm system testing in New Hampshire or Connecticut, call us today or contact us online. We feature convenient locations in Hooksett, NH, and Cheshire, CT, to provide prompt service throughout the region.
Fire Sprinkler Inspections in NH & CT
Fire sprinkler inspections are required annually, but you should also consider having one done after any major changes to your building or its plumbing system, such as installing a backflow preventer, replacing a water meter, installing new plumbing lines, or increasing the size or occupancy of the structure. At FPT, our fire sprinkler system inspections are comprehensive and include multiple steps, such as:
- Inspecting the entire system for proper installation, setup, physical support, clearance, and operation
- Performing main drain tests to verify suitable water pressure and volume is available for the sprinkler system
- Confirming sprinkler heads and piping are accessible and free of damage or leaks
- Lubricating valves and testing their range of motion
- Testing flow switches through a test connection
- Testing tamper switches and ensuring they signal the alarm system properly
- Checking fire department connections, required valve signage, and gauge accuracy
- Ensuring the vales are sealed, leak-free, and in the proper position
- Testing the alarm system, sensors, valves, and other devices for proper signaling and notification
- And more!
Our experts at FPT will document the inspection process and provide you with a full report on the condition of your sprinkler system. We also offer fire sprinkler maintenance and repairs to handle any problems we encounter, as well as new fire sprinkler installations.
To book a fire sprinkler system inspection or a commercial fire protection service in Cheshire, Bridgeport, New Haven, or the surrounding areas, contact our team today.
Protecting Your Fire Sprinkler System
Beyond scheduling regular inspections and maintenance of your fire sprinkler system, it is important to take precautions to protect your system and keep it in optimal condition. This includes:
- Not painting or coating your fire sprinkler heads
- Not hanging anything from the fire sprinkler heads or piping
- Avoiding strikes or impacts to the sprinkler heads
- Leaving an 18- to 20-inch area around each sprinkler head clear for proper water flow
- Ensuring control valves are accessible and set properly
- Repairing any damage as soon as it is discovered
- Educating your staff about proper fire sprinkler operation and precautions
Want more advice about caring for your fire sprinkler system? Contact our experts at FPT today!
Schedule Fire Alarm System Testing in New Hampshire & Connecticut
Keep your personnel safe and your building protected with our comprehensive fire sprinkler inspection services from Fire Protection Team. With over 25 years of fire protection experience, we will make sure your sprinkler system is ready if a fire ever occurs.
Contact us online today or call to schedule fire sprinkler system inspections, testing, maintenance, or repairs in New Hampshire or Connecticut.