April 1st, 2020
A message to all customers:
These are unprecedented times we are living in with COVID-19, and Fire Protection Team is ready, willing, and able to help customers and the economy get back to work. We will always serve the needs of our customers and team members while doing our best to protect the needs of the community at large.
Safety is our highest priority, and Fire Protection Team provides a vital role in maintaining the health and safety of our local community. Therefore, we remain open during this time of social distancing. If you are made aware of any Fire / Life Safety systems that need services, we will quickly respond to your phone call.
If your facility requires our fire alarm and life safety services, please call our main line at 203.250.1115 . We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year with live local staff handling the phones from 8 am to 4:30 pm weekdays. Additionally, we employ a local after-hours answering service for all calls in the evenings, nights, and weekends so that you are always speaking with a live person to take care of your needs.
I want to share with you our plan to address your concerns with us as your valued life safety partner. Below is our go-forward process until further notice.
- We will be following cleaning protocols recommended by CDC and state agencies.
- Anyone of our team members that have a fever, show signs of sickness, or have been exposed and not protected will be asked to remain at home.
- We are open and running calls to elderly care and group homes. We will respond to your request in case of emergencies and make sure we keep our customers safe. We also need to take caution to protect our team members and make sure they stay healthy as well.
- We will have some team members who do not want to be exposed to a high-risk customer, and we will respect those wishes. We will also have team members who are willing to work in these environments so that we can respond to those in most need.
- In most cases, we can perform our work with minimal face-to-face contact. We will be following protocols to maintain a safe work environment by wearing gloves, wearing masks if needed, and following any site-specific roles or guidance.
- You may be asked by a technician to speak via video or Facetime, and we may request that you help troubleshoot a fire alarm panel or shut down a sprinkler valve. We ask that you work with us so that we may provide the services you need.
- We are continuing to conduct required inspections during this time. If you already have a scheduled date and time for us to arrive, please be advised we plan to come, but you are welcome to reschedule so, please let us know.
- Please be patient with our team so that we can take the best care of you and all our customers. We intend to limit our time in groups as we have canceled all group meetings until further notice.
- Technicians already work in isolation for most of the day and are not exposed to large groups during work. We will be limiting face-to-face interaction between our office team members and field team members.
We appreciate our customers and team members here at Fire Protection Team. We understand the value of trying to reduce the spread of COVID-19 so that our healthcare system is not overwhelmed. We are confident that we will be able to respond during this pandemic as quickly as possible and look forward to when we can all get back to work.
Ned Nichols, CEO
Fire Protection Team